Small Business Outreach
R.A. Burch’s small business program was established in order to continually seek and expand subcontracting opportunities for small business (SB):
- Women-owned small businesses (WOSB)
- Historically under-utilized zone (HUBZone)
- Veteran-owned small business (VOSB)
- Service disabled-owned business (SDVOSB)
Project Managers and Procurement Staff regularly review the R.A. Burch Small Business Subcontracting Plans and are held accountable for meeting our small business goals. Dora Beltran, R.A. Burch’s Small Business Liaison Officer (SBLO) continuously monitors and evaluates our small business performance and ensures that qualified small businesses are invited to compete for subcontracts.
R.A. Burch’s commitment to small business is also demonstrated through our active participation in many small business events. We attend and exhibit at local and regional small business trade fairs and procurement conferences.
R.A. Burch Small Business Program Achievements
- Participated in City of San Diego Mentor Protégé Program
- Assisted two local small businesses in a SBA approved Mentor-Protégé Program
“Thanks and appreciation in the support of our award winning small business program. With your subcontracting actions, several small businesses were able to get work and valuable exposure to the base."
–Department of the Air Force – 60th Contracting Squadron, Travis AFB